Happiness in five days. Five days. Fiiiive days.
I have so much to look forward to. I'm going to be in different parts of the country for twelve days. I don't have to keep in touch with anyone on this stupid island. I'm going to be swimming in the Pacific Ocean, taking pictures of giraffes and elephants and monkeys at the zoo, facing a fear walking on a thin shakey bridge that looks over the rain forest, eating lots of Indian food and having sleepovers for 12 nights straight with my best friend.
I think that once I get back I'll hate everything, though, knowing what it's like outside of here.
When I get back I'll be a better person. I promise.
I will see my friends more. I will write again and paint again and keep making jewelry. I'm going to school in January and that's that. I'm not putting it off another year because I'm depressed or not ready or this or that or nothing. I'll be a hairstylist by my 21st birthday.

No comments:
Post a Comment